- Images are the communication tool of the world. Images can convey so much without the need for language across the globe.
- Take a cave drawing from thousands of years ago; pictures have been the fabric of human society since way back when. Symbolism, imagery and an audience can create inspiration. Images can tell a powerful story. They can invoke inspiration, cuteness, fear, love, adoration, anger…so it is so important to implement images in a way that effectively tells your story or what you are trying to say to your audience.
- This applies to Social Media Posts, Blogs, Websites, Online Articles, you name it, the image is the one visual stimuli that should stand out and capture attention. Anyone in Social Media will tell you that an image included in your Facebook Posts will increase the response it gets over plain old text.
- An example is a blog I wrote recently for an automotive website. We wanted to capture the audience’s attention quickly. The majority readership and audience were males aged 40 and over that like classic cars and have a higher income. So to capture this potential set of eyes on masse we needed something suitable. Imagine if we had used a cute cat picture, or a picture of someone eating breakfast? This is probably an exaggeration but you get the idea. If I am a model airplane hobbyist then an awesome pic that involves a plane, a propeller or a flight of some kind will grab me over something else.
- I cannot reiterate enough- Do Your Research. What is your demographics’ visual psychology ? What is it visually? What do “they” like looking at that can fit in with your message? Profile them like an FBI profiler, work out what they like, how they like it and what’s going on in their world on a large scale and you will hit the jackpot.
- Find images that are good quality high resolution, using colours that are complimentary, particularly if sourcing images for your website. You can purchase good quality from companies like Adobe Stock or Dreamstime. Better yet, if you can afford it get a good photographer to take some for you it’s a terrific investment or if you are any good; take your own!
- When you are in business it pays to have a professional & good quality profile pic of yourself. Good quality pics that reflect your personality in a classy and positive way makes you look good, feel good and promote your business well. This can be used on your website, your LinkedIn page, your Twitter profile, anything that involves a Bio.
- Photography is a powerful language that can break barriers and speak directly to the heart of your audience, so do it well!
We have had the opportunity to be photographed for our profile pics and product shots by the divine Annie Murray from Murray Studios. Annie has worked tirelessly to make women around the globe realise their potential and reclaim their inner beauty as it reflects outward. Annie worked hand in hand with Anastasia Hmua; Professional Makeup artist to NOT make anyone look beautiful, but to compliment their unique individual beauty bringing the inner into the physical space. The translation is brilliant. Annie made this amazing short film about this journey and we thought you might like it! Click this link to watch : Finding Your Beautiful You can also contact Anastasia HERE